IoT technology is transforming our world – Eseye empowers businesses to embrace IoT without limits. We deliver innovative IoT cellular connectivity solutions that help our customers drive business value, deploy differentiated experiences, and disrupt their markets. Supported by a powerful partner ecosystem, we seamlessly connect devices across 190 countries, agnostic to over 700 available global networks. We do this by using disruptive technologies and services aimed at reducing the complexity around cellular connection management, providing ubiquitous connectivity services from device to cloud.
Eseye is looking to recruit an experienced Hardware Engineer to join our busy engineering team. This is a full-time role, reporting to the Director of Things and based in our head office in Guildford, Surrey.
· Collaborate with others to define product requirements, technical specifications and project timelines.
· Design and develop electronic hardware solutions for new products from concept to production.
· Perform feasibility and risk assessments, identifying potential challenges and proposed solutions.
· Contribute to product mechanical and packaging design processes.
· Design circuit schematics, define PCB layout requirements, and validate hardware designs.
· Work with regulatory conformance bodies to obtain relevant product certification
· Work with our manufacturing partner, adhering to design principles for manufacturing (DFM) and design for testing (DFT).
· Stay up to date with the latest advancements in the field and provide technical guidance to junior members of the team.
· Solid experience in electronics hardware design, preferably in the M2m, IoT, or mobile industries.
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electronics Engineering or a related field
· Familiarity with and experience of designing products compliant with industry standards (e.g., RED, CE, FCC).
· Proficient with schematic capture software (e.g. OrCAD), PCD design and library management experience desirable.
· Experience with embedded systems, complex SoCs and microcontrollers with an appreciation of firmware development.
· In-depth knowledge of analogue and digital circuit design principles, signal integrity, power management, and EMC/EMI considerations.
· Familiarity with test equipment including Oscilloscopes. Spectrum/Network analysers, VSA/VSG radio test-sets.
· Experience of LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee RF technologies desirable.
· Experience of Ethernet, USB as well as legacy UART technologies desirable.