Manor Renewable Energy (MRE) was established in 2013 and has rapidly become recognised for our knowledge and expertise in delivering temporary power and engineering solutions offshore.
Now the UK’s leading provider, we are capable of dealing with the many and varied challenges encountered on offshore wind projects globally; we bring together the expertise and experience of our teams of marine and engineering professionals to assist us with the growing industry demand for efficient and reliable offshore solutions.
MRE operates a fleet of windfarm support vessels ranging from 21 – 26m LOA.
MRE operates a fleet of windfarm support vessels ranging from 21 – 26m LOA and as a Master you will be responsible for the operation and safety of the vessel, its machinery, equipment and the crew and other personnel carried onboard.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of the vessel, its machinery and associated equipment
- Implementing MRE’s safety and environmental policy, motivating the crew in the execution of that policy, issuing orders in a clear and concise manner and reviewing safety and pollution prevention activities
- Reporting defects to MRE and other matters with implications for safe operations or pollution risk
- Appraising and co-ordinating on-board training requirements with MRE
- Ensuring the SMS is kept current by liaising with the DPA to arrange audits
- Care of all electronic navigational aids and communications equipment
- Review of on-board contingency plans and ship procedures and reporting and deficiencies to the DPA
- Responsible for safety management, navigation, efficient running and upkeep of the vessel
- Ensuring that all the ship’s certificates are kept in date
- Ensuring that the ship complies with all appropriate rules, regulations, codes and guidelines
- Ensuring that all marine crew and suitably qualified, medically fit and capable of performing their duties
- Overall safety and fire-fighting organisation and for taking action following any incidents
- Carrying out maintenance to the highest standard and rectifying defects where possible
- When undergoing repairs, the Master will keep the Management fully advised on the progress
- On board training of the crew, for the position they hold, in preparation for further advancement
- Ensuring that MRE forms, as identified in the MRE Index of Forms are used as appropriate
- For all medical attention given on board, but he may delegate this as considered appropriate
MRE are ideally looking for candidates that have experience on vessels >500gt, to be considered for this role, candidates should have the following as a minimum:
- STCW Master 200 CoC or UK CEC
- Minimum 5 years-experience in a similar role
- All relevant STCW certificates and Medical
- Confident interpersonal communication skills are important as well as being a team player
- Strong organisation skills and the ability to think problems through logically
- A calm and professional manner
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
Competitive day rates for contractors and direct hire options available to successful candidates, 28 day rotations.
Must have the right to work in the UK.
Please note that this role is in response to our increased project workload throughout 2023.