Local Space is a growing and dynamic HA of c 2500 homes based in East London
We were established in 2006 and have an unusual approach to providing affordable homes at market rent, through a highly effective programme of purchase and repair, predominantly in the London Borough of Newham. Our residents are at the heart of what we do, and as a registered not for profit charity, we are proud of the role we play in the neighbourhood regeneration.
We embarked on an ambitious growth strategy of 800+ homes in 2016, partnering with Newham Council, to be delivered by 2020 from a mix of existing street properties, off the shelf purchases and new build development. Local Space has also continued to build its relationship with other authorities in East London such as Waltham Forest and Hackney.
Development Technical Officer circa £32 - 36k (dependent on experience) + car allowance £2000 per annum with annual Performance Related Bonus up to 5% of salary (after probationary period)
Local Space is seeking an experienced Development Technical Officer who will support the team by managing contractors and consultants with our refurbishment programme and be a link with our customers and stakeholders. The role will work with an energetic, experienced and enthusiastic development team to achieve its ambitious development programme. This is a critical, challenging and exciting time for us in the delivery of our strategy. Local Space Development approach is at the heart of its growth.
We are committed to the continuous development of a culture of employee engagement and high performance, that reflects our values in the delivery of the services we provide. We were successfully re-accredited at IIP Silver status in April 2019 which demonstrates the value we put on our staff.
You will be based at our head offices on the Romford Road in Stratford London which will shortly be the home to 32 staff as part of our planned growth. Nearby is the Olympic Park and Westfield Shopping Centre.
Reporting to the Head of Development you will play a pivotal role in helping the organisation to manage the delivery of its growth programme.
Job Purpose – duties and responsibilities
· Regulatory Code for Housing Associations in UK
· Social Housing Grant Programme Management Guide
· UK Housing Quality Standards
· Acceptance Cost Guidance / On Costs for use with grant funded housing
· Standard Contract Documentation
· Design Quality Requirements
· Housing Act 1996
24. To adhere to the Association’s Standing Orders and Financial Regulations, including procedures on the appointment of consultants and contractors, and tendering procedures.
25. To assist with the use of Consultants’ Standard Forums of Engagement e.g.
· CDM Regulations
· JCT Forms of Contract
· Party Wall Act
· Partnering Contracts
26. To ensure needs of the Association’s tenants, future tenants, licensees and service users are taken into account in the work undertaken.
27. To adhere to the values of tenant involvement and scrutiny
28. To adhere to the Standing Orders of the Association.
29. Uphold the Association’s Code of Conduct, Equal Opportunities / Diversity.
30. To maintain good working relationships across the Association and set high personal standards so staff are motivated to perform effectively.
31. To develop and maintain effective working relationships with other Housing Associations.
32. Provide excellent customer service standards to internal and external stakeholders.
33. To liaise with Council Officers, Housing Association staff, Government Departments, Homes and Communities Agency, and other housing and property agencies as appropriate.
34. To promote the image of the Company at both internal and external events.
35. To demonstrate commitment to improving the opportunities for people living in Newham and the surrounding areas.
36.To work outside of core hours as required
37. Undertake other duties commensurate with the role.
Your application should consist of a CV of no more than 3 sides of A4, a supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4. Please complete the equalities form and the attached Information Sheet.
If you want to discuss the role further, please call Ms Kumraz Khan on 020 8221 4017.