Local Space is a growing and dynamic HA of c 2500 homes based in East London
We were established in 2006 and have an unusual approach to providing affordable homes at market rent, through a highly effective programme of purchase and repair, predominantly in the London Borough of Newham. Our residents are at the heart of what we do, and as a registered not for profit charity, we are proud of the role we play in the neighbourhood regeneration.
We embarked on an ambitious growth strategy of 800+ homes in 2016, partnering with Newham Council, to be delivered by 2020 from a mix of existing street properties, off the shelf purchases and new build development. Local Space has also continued to build its relationship with other authorities in East London such as Waltham Forest and Hackney.
Development & New Business Manager circa £55 - 57k (dependent on experience) + car allowance £2000 per annum with Performance Related Bonus of up to 5% of salary (after probation period)
Local Space is seeking an experienced Development and New Business Manager who can manage projects from inception to completion. The role will work with an energetic, experienced and enthusiastic development team to achieve its ambitious development programme. This is a critical, challenging and exciting time for us in the delivery of our strategy. Local Space Development approach is at the heart of its growth.
We are committed to the continuous development of a culture of employee engagement and high performance, that reflects our values in the delivery of the services we provide. We were successfully re-accredited at IIP Silver status in April 2019 which demonstrates the value we put on our staff.
You will be based at our head offices on the Romford Road in Stratford London which will shortly be the home to 32 staff as part of our planned growth. Nearby is the Olympic Park and Westfield Shopping Centre.
Reporting to the Head of Development you will play a pivotal role in helping the organisation to manage the delivery of its growth programme.
Job Purpose – duties and responsibilities
· Regulatory Code for Housing Associations in UK
· Social Housing Grant Programme Management Guide
· UK Housing Quality Standards
· Acceptance Cost Guidance / On Costs for use with grant funded housing
· Standard Contract Documentation
· Design Quality Requirements
· Housing Act 1996
17. To adhere to the Association’s Standing Orders and Financial Regulations, including procedures on the appointment of consultants and contractors, and tendering procedures.
18. To ensure needs of the Association’s tenants, future tenants, licensees and service users are taken into account in the work undertaken.
19. To adhere to the values of tenant involvement and scrutiny
20. Provide excellent customer service standards to internal and external stakeholders.
21. Undertake other duties commensurate with the role.
22. To work outside of core hours as required
Your application should consist of a CV of no more than 3 sides of A4, a supporting statement of no more than 2 sides of A4. Please complete the equalities form and the attached Information Sheet.
If you want to discuss the role further, please call Ms Kumraz Khan on 020 8221 4017.