The South Westminster BIDs is an alliance of Business Improvement Districts covering Victoria, Victoria Westminster, Whitehall and Northbank. The area stretches from Belgravia to the Royal Courts of Justice and includes major London landmarks Buckingham Palace, Parliament Square and Trafalgar Square. Encompassing the majority of the historic processional route through Central London and major transport hubs, the area is also home to a large number of corporate occupiers, office workers and Government Departments.
We play a fundamental role in generating, promoting and executing projects that aim to support economic growth through placemaking and create a vibrant destination for those who work, visit or live in the area. Creating a high-quality public realm and environment is at the heart of what we do.
The South Westminster BID Executive Team currently has responsibility for various BID areas: Northbank, Victoria, Victoria Westminster and Whitehall. We will also work with the wider teams in the delivery of the BID team’s Business Plan objectives for these BID areas.
A not-for-profit organisation is recruiting for an Executive Assistant and Governance Officer to start in January 2022. You will be providing a high-level EA role to the Chief Executive and overseeing a small team to support the running of the office and supporting the team where required. You will provide full administrative support to the Boards of two business improvement districts and in terms of governance, you will support the CEO and Chairs in operating effective and current governance arrangements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the Chief Executive in their day-to-day work, managing the email inbox and organising their diary, diligently and effectively as the “gate keeper”Preparing agendas, booking meetings, and taking minutes.
- Analyse internal and external data and prepare reports. Oversee reports from wider team for the Board
- Circulation of Board papers and always ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Working with the Comms team in arranging the annual general meetings.
- Attending and minuting meetings, ensuring that all arrangements are made for the meeting.
- Supporting the maintenance of effective arrangements for governance, including delegation of powers, terms of reference for all committees and working groups, accurate record keeping and liaise with Companies House to ensure all directors information is up to date.
- Primary contact for paperwork around formalized groups within the BIDs
- Arranging Board meetings and preparing and circulating agendas
- Making all pre-Board meetings and arrangements
- Ensure the Chair has an accurate attendee list
- Preparing all Board arrangements including venue, room, set up, catering, presentation/IT requirements, attendees, presenters
- Ensuring papers are in the correct format and well-presented following relevant templates
- Work with SLT to ensure previous actions have been achieved
- Ensure terms of reference are set and governance is in place
- Attending Board meetings
- Arranging various meetings and undertaking relevant administration around these meetings
- Responsibility for AGMs and legal notification with the Comms team
- Dealing with and recording conflict of interests documentation
- Comply with data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations regarding protecting personal data
- Good command of English
- Ability to produce high quality written reports noting attention to detail through accurate grammar, spelling, and formatting
- Self-confidence and ability to work alone
- Ability to work well and diplomatically with people
- Strong organizational skills
- Be confidential and discreet
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Be accountable for work undertaken
- Be confident to provide support to the Board and liaise with them when required
- Be willing and interested to learn how BIDs operate to have effective with knowledge in this role
You will have:
- Experience of working within in a high level, possibly higher education institution or within charity governance.
- Experience of supporting a management team
- Extensive experience of providing high level senior PA/administrative support.
- Excellent relevant IT skills especially Microsoft Office.
This role is currently working two to three days on site in central London and the rest working from home but in the office if required. You will be required to oversee a small team of two and manage that accordingly. We are following government guidelines around working arrangements due to Covid.
If you have the above experience and are immediately available, this will be a great role for you.