Informed Solutions is a leading independent provider of digital transformation solutions. Our propose is to create economic and social value by helping to build a more inclusive, fair and safe society through ethical use of technology and data, and investing in digital skills. We are proud to have been recognised for a number of awards and certifications such as our second Queen’s award for innovation and certified as a Great Place to Work®.
Are you looking for a 12-month placement starting in June 2024 where you can make a difference by helping deliver some of the UK’s most important #tech4good projects, making the world a smarter, safer, greener, and healthier place?
Our Placement Programme presents capable, motivated and driven individuals with a unique proposition. We are offering the opportunity to work within our agile project teams, delivering world class digital services that really make a difference to people’s lives.
What Opportunities Can You Expect From a Work Placement With Informed Solutions?
- Work on real client problems across the full project lifecycle, allowing you to experience a variety of different roles.
- Build on your University learning with industry leading technologies and delivery techniques
- Develop a deep understanding of User Centered Design and how it influences every part of the software development lifecycle.
- Start to build an awareness of commercial software engineering technologies and disciplines, including Agile and DevOps.
- Develop personal organisation and planning skills as well as wider understanding of project management.
- See first-hand how the solutions you build have a positive impact on our clients and take part in our industry leading learning and development initiatives at the InformedAcademy.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Working towards a 2:1 degree in a STEM related subject (e.g. IT/Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Geography, GIS).
- Has outstanding analytical ability and attention to detail and is passionate about problem solving and using technology to strengthen processes and scale projects.
- Strong in verbal and written skills to communicate effectively and build relationships.
- Positive with a can-do attitude that inspires respect from other leaders and professionals and able to work effectively and influence positive team-working.
You will be based in Altrincham, Manchester, in our impressive Grade II listed offices.
To find out more about of Placement Programme please visit our website.
Successful applicants will be invited to an open day at our Altrincham offices in October 2023.