Based in: London
Reports to: VP of Web Engineering
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Perm
Genesis is a global software company with a pioneering vision, technical innovation, and team that is changing IT delivery. Permanently. We’ve just completed our Series B funding round, backed by GV (formerly Google Ventures), Salesforce Ventures, Citi, Illuminate Financial and Tribeca Early Stage Partners and due to growth, we’re recruiting now for a Senior Web Developer. Interested? Read on to find out more.
What are we looking for?
We are currently recruiting for an Senior Developer to join our Platform team at an exciting time of our rapid expansion. Reporting to the VP of Web Development, our vision is to create a world class platform for our clients.
This is a very technology focused role requiring an understanding of the browser, messaging patterns, good software architecture, databases and a desire to create a high-performance framework that is easy for Product Developers and clients to use. The role is very varied and covers all aspects of technology with a focus on parallel processing, speed, reliability, scalability, and distributed processing.
How you’ll play your part
· Design and implementation of common APIs and components used throughout the genesis platform
· Working iteratively and collaboratively with end-users and across development and design teams
· Synthesizing product requirements, technology constraints, and strategic considerations into effective designs and plans for execution
· Close attention to quality, performance, and timeliness in delivery
· Awareness of trends and developments in web and other technologies
· Mentoring, code reviews, communicating, and otherwise leading in your areas of expertise
· Initiative and ownership in continuously improving the quality and capabilities of the platform and processes of the engineering team
The experience you’ll bring
We require highly capable frontend engineers with proven track records working in agile engineering teams on fast paced commercial projects, preferably within the financial industry. You should be a natural problem solver with a passion for staying at the forefront of web technology. Requirements include:
Preferred skills and experience
What a role with Genesis offers
Think you can help us change the FinTech industry? Apply now and we’ll be in touch once we’ve reviewed your CV.
We are only accepting applications from candidates directly. Given application volumes, we do not require approaches or CV’s from recruitment agencies.
Genesis – Code Less, Do More
We are technology pioneers with a clear purpose of being the Low-Code Application Platform (LCAP) for financial markets - changing IT delivery across the entire industry. We work faster, harder and smarter than the competition so that we can solve some of the biggest and most complex challenges to deliver innovation and digital transformation.
We value every one of our employees and everyone in the company makes a difference. The diversity of our people makes us who we are and we work hard to make everyone feel included, no matter your background. Come join and be part of the Genesis family of pioneers and lets Code Less and Do More!