The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 1000 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
As towns, cities and countries around the world declare climate emergencies, seas rise, forests burn, glaciers melt, increasing numbers of people take to the streets demanding urgent action and our societies begin to wake up to what the science has been saying for many years, there has never been a more important time to be working on climate change.
The Systems Coordinator is responsible for administering and providing technical support and expertise for the organisation’s software information systems. These include the accounting and HR information systems. The role includes troubleshooting and resolving Tier 1 and 2 support requests, analysing system performance and making recommendations for improvements. It will also involve assisting with the implementation of new systems and technologies. The systems coordinator will work closely with the Foundation’s IT team and other stakeholders to ensure that the organisation’s systems are functioning optimally and meeting business needs.
▪ Provide technical support for the organisation’s software information systems
▪ Analyse system performance and make recommendations for improvements to
▪ efficiency, scalability, and reliability.
▪ Assist with the implementation of new technologies including testing, reporting
▪ and quality assurance activities.
▪ Monitor and maintain the systems, including performing routine maintenance
▪ tasks, applying updates and patches, and ensuring system availability and performance.
▪ Document system configurations, processes, and procedures to support
▪ knowledge management and training activities.
▪ Participate in IT-related projects and initiatives, including collaboration with
▪ stakeholders to assist with project scope, requirements, and timelines.
▪ Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends, and make
▪ recommendations for their alignment with the organisation’s systems and processes.
▪ Provide training and guidance to users on system functionality and best practices
▪ Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
▪ At least 3 years of experience in a technical support or systems administration role, with experience in troubleshooting complex system issues and analysing system performance.
▪ Good knowledge of information systems.
▪ Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to identify issues and develop effective solutions.
▪ Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, particularly in a remote working environment.
▪ Understanding of project management methodologies and tools, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
▪ Knowledge of security and compliance regulations, and experience with securityrelated technologies and practices.
▪ Ability to work effectively in a remote team environment and collaborate with other IT professionals.
▪ The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
▪ A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
▪ A full-time position with a consultant or employment contract (subject to location) for 12 months, with a possible renewal after one year.
Flexibly remote within +/- 3hrs of GMT.
Some international travel will be required. We may be able to provide co-working spaces in some locations.
Only candidates with the right to work in their location will be considered.
As soon as possible
Please upload below:
Application Closing Date: 5th April 2023
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.