About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) is a major philanthropic initiative working to help tackle the climate crisis by fostering the development of a net-zero emission society at the national, European and global level.
We support more than 800 partner organisations to carry out activities that drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement, contribute to the public debate on climate action and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
The ECF brings together diverse perspectives and backgrounds to find the best innovative solutions to tackle climate change. We are focusing on engaging and hiring great people from a wide diversity of backgrounds to strengthen the cause. If you share our values of respect, innovation, and collaboration, join us.
About the role
The mission of the Strategic Partnerships team at ECF is to build strong philanthropic partnerships in order to drive climate impact. In recent years, the ECF has significantly increased its funding base and has currently more than 40 funding partners. We are growing our team to help steward and maximise this growth.
We are seeking to recruit a dedicated and dynamic fundraising specialist to strengthen ECF’s engagement with new funding partners. As a key member of our team, you will play a vital role in identifying and developing new funding relationships to support ECFs fundraising goals.
In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to and implementing new fundraising strategies and methodologies, cultivating new donor relationships, and executing effective campaigns. You will work closely with Programme colleagues and a range of internal and external stakeholders to successfully develop and deliver new funding to the organisation. If you are passionate about making a difference, possess exceptional research, communication and interpersonal skills, and have a proven track record in fundraising, we would love to hear from you.
- Prospect research and new funding opportunities: Conduct thorough research on prospective donors to gather information about their philanthropic interests, giving patterns, financial capacity, and connections. Stay informed about trends, best practices, and emerging opportunities in the philanthropic sector. Provide research and analysis to inform fundraising strategies and decision-making.
- Develop and implement prospect and new funder engagement and recognition strategies: Create and support execution of comprehensive prospecting and engagement plans for prospective and new funding partners, ensuring alignment with ECF’s funder stewardship and recognition frameworks and best practice and in close collaboration with relevant SP, programme, MEL, legal, finance team colleagues.
- New funder cultivation and relationship management: Support the Director and senior stakeholders to develop strong relationships with new and prospective donors (mostly high net worth individuals and foundations), through the provision of high-quality briefings and meetings/ event support.
- Strategy and funder convenings: Working with colleagues in Strategic Partnerships, Programme Directors and the CEO office, advise on opportunities to maximise funder engagement and ECF’s role as a thought-leader and convener, including developing ideas, event plans, briefings and programmes of engagement for new philanthropic partners.
- New fundraising planning: participate in planning, including setting goals, identifying target audiences, crafting compelling messages, and coordinating multi-channel marketing efforts to maximise donor engagement and contributions.
- Grant writing, proposal development: Prepare persuasive grant proposals and applications, ensuring compliance with funding guidelines and requirements. Collaborate with programme and content/ communications teams to gather relevant information and data to support new grant applications.
- Funding agreements and relationship continuity: Ensure funder agreements are executed and follow through on successful proposals until payment is received. Work with Funder Relationships and Operations colleagues to ensure stewardship plans are put in place and executed with continuity.
- Data management and reporting: Manage and maintain accurate and up-to-date new donor/ prospect records using CRM software. Design and generate reports on new fundraising activities and pipeline, new donor engagement, and financial progress for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Work closely with programme managers, communications staff, and operations teams, to align new funding opportunities with ECF´s goals and objectives.
Experience and competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., nonprofit management, business administration, communications).
- 4+ years proven experience in the non-profit sector, preferably in prospect research and/or relationship management.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing fundraising strategies and campaigns.
- Strong relationship-building and donor cultivation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities, including grant writing and proposal development.
- Excellent understanding of fundraising and prospect research best practices, techniques, and industry trends.
- Proficiency in using CRM software and fundraising platforms.
- Highly organised with excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Passion for philanthropy, social impact, and making a difference.
What we can offer you
- The unique opportunity to engage with a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with ambition and a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work.
- A flexible work environment and the space to shape the role and develop your skills.
- A full-time employee position.
Any locations where ECF has an Office
As soon as possible