About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 1000 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
As towns, cities and countries around the world declare climate emergencies, seas rise, forests burn, glaciers melt, increasing numbers of people take to the streets demanding urgent action and our societies begin to wake up to what the science has been saying for many years, there has never been a more important time to be working on climate change.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of a strategic communication led work with a focus on Asia region and China You will work closely with a global network of communications specialists to conceive, plan and execute exciting communications work to build and sustain narratives on climate and energy. The position will be ideally based in locations in Asia.
- Work with the regional communication strategists and coordinate and manage communication projects to deliver the regional and global objectives on climate and energy communications.
- Monitor and identify key stories/narratives in key countries in relation to the sustainability of China-financed/China-built projects;
- Set the media strategy (traditional and new media) for the narrative on energy transition in Asia and the role of overseas Chinese financing;
- Support partners in key Asian countries in amplifying stories that have the potential of influencing the sustainability of China-financed/China-built projects;
- Build local capabilities in better understanding and engaging Chinese investments in such countries through strategic communications;
- Analyse the trend and flow of China’s outbound investment in the energy sector to come up with solid evidence for communications work;
- Work with international stakeholders, including from policy, research and financial sectors to promote a greener BRI investment and advise how to influence Chinese investment stakeholders;
- Partner with civil society internationally to create the synergy of voices;
- Manage external consultants and advisers when applicable.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A full-time position with a consultant or employment contract (subject to location) for 12 months, with a possible renewal after one year.
Asia location preferred. Some international travel will be required. We may be able to provide co-working spaces in some locations. Only candidates with the right to work in their location will be considered.
As soon as possible
How to apply
- Cover letter
- Both in English
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.