Dron & Dickson are specialists in integrated supply, installation and maintenance of harsh & hazardous electrical equipment. Based at five UK locations, we provide specialist E&I inspection, maintenance and project services to all parts of the Offshore & Onshore Energy sector, Pharmaceutical and Marine industries. Managed from our UK locations, our services operate within the UK, Europe, Africa and Asia.
Purpose: ‘Everyone Home Safe’ – An encapsulation of the right for everyone to return from work safely and promote their wellbeing; this applies to Dron & Dickson staff and all who come in to contact with our work activities. Our systems, processes and cultures coupled with our supply and services ensures people, plant and the environment are kept safe. The primary purpose of this role is to visualise, create and align an ongoing workable strategy for the achievement of the companys mission, vision and values by effectively leading the Sales and Warehouse operations within the Wholesale Branch in all aspects of operational and people management process. Promote employee wellbeing and innovation by cultivating an environment that encourages employees to develop, learn and boost strategic productivity whilst ensuring overall customer satisfaction.
Objective: The primary objective of this role is to to be responsible for the overall operations and management of the Wholesale branch. Through effective leadership of the function, the primary objective is to achieve the financial targets inline with the company strategy.
Our Culture & Values: Our Values aim to underpin and create a positive culture and working environment as well as set behavioural expectations. We are committed to investing in our workforce as we recognise people as our greatest asset. Contribution towards the companies culture and core values are required as part of this role. Our Value acronym AGILE represents qualities associated with being responsive, flexible and adaptable to change which collectively have been identified as key differentiators that offer us competitive advantage.
Reporting to: Regional Manager, England
Direct Reports: Senior Sales Coordinator, Sales Coordinator & Stores Persons/ Drivers.
Strategic Leadership & Management Responsibilities:
- Understand and support the company's strategy and mission
- Overall responsibility of employee learning, development and KPI completion within department
- Supporting the development of long-term organisational strategy
- Aligning departmental goals, processes and resource allocation within the organisational strategy
- Embed strategic planning practice across the organisation
- Employees supported through learning and development and completion of development plans
- Clear communication to employees of relevant organisational, departmental and individual aims and initiatives
- Take responsibility for managing excellent performance results
- Effective line management of team members including absence, disciplinary and performance management
- Lead, inspire and motivate the team into consistent performance improvement
- Responsible for the overall management of the P&L account for the branch. Ensuring that revenue is maintaining profitability inline with company strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring each branch team member is accountable for the work scope they manage and time allocated effectively.
- Responsible for the overall management, planning and validating of all branch Pre-Quals, ITTs, Project and Contract submissions.
- Responsible for the overall preparation of annual expenditure budgets in conjunction with the Business Development Managers.
- Formulate and implement a branch strategy designed to increase market share geared towards profitable growth both in existing and new market sectors in conjunction with the Business Development Managers.
- Stock control duties, including but not limited to ordering of stock, control of stock records, rolling stock checks and annual stock takes.
- Provide line management mentoring and support for personnel, to ensure training and development needs are identified and addressed in line with competency assurance systems
- To complete all company documents relevant to the Sales Manager position in a timely manner.
- Ensure KPI Scorecard targets are achieved or understand reasons why not and implement plan to achive.
- Ensure sales quotations, sales orders and purchase orders are processed inline with company procedures in a timely manner.
- Ensure all customer and supplier returns are processed and closed out inline with company procedures in a timely manner.
- Ensure all customer and supplier non-conformances and non conformance reports are processed and closed out inline with company procedures in a timely manner
- To be fully aware, assist and support the ongoing development of the integrated management system.
- To work with the Marketing Co-ordinator to identify marketing opportunities
- To maintain good communications with internal and external clients
- To take a proactive approach to continuous improvement and development of the company’s systems and processes
- Ad hoc duties as requested by management
- Travel may be necessary to ensure delivery of business needs.
- Social and business networking is expected
- Comply with all Dron & Dickson’s integrated managements system including all policies and Procedures
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Act ethically and with integrity
- Ensure all health and safety training is undertaken within the team
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Overall responsibility of branch management on site
- Ensure completion and IMS uploading of leading indicator & emergency inspections, environmental measuring and mandatory machine, equipment & facility inspections.
- Act as local site focal point for HSEQ matters including the roll out of alerts & information, internal audit host and control of contractors
- Support the tracking and timely close out of NCs, NCRs, Customer Complaints and Accidents & Incidents
- Undertake required HSE training related to the role (Risk Assessment, Mental Health, and Health & Safety Training for Managers)
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Creating an environment of trust, feedback and recognition
- Finding creative and effective solutions for customers
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to ensure that staff are confident using their own initiative
- Inspire others to achieve their full potential
- Excellent time management skills
- Computer literate
- Articulate, dynamic, energetic and delivery focused
- Flexible, adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Ability to take responsibility for individual/ team learning and continuous improvement
- Ability to represent Dron & Dickson in a positive and effective manner
- Take responsibility for managing excellent performance results
- Exceptionally good analytical skills, an ability to translate raw information into actionable strategies and initiatives
- Customer Service Skills
Core Training & Competencies:
- Previous experience in a similar role within the Electrical Wholesale industry.
The opportunity to undertake development and progression via a personal development plan is linked to this role.
Contracted Hours: 38.25 hours per week with 45 mins for lunch
Hours of work:
- Mon to Thurs: 8.30am – 5pm
- Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Pension: 3% Company Contribution, minimum 5% employee contribution
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of 8 public holidays). Annual leave entitlement will increase to 33 days after 2 years’ service
- Annual bonus if targets met (not guaranteed)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Critical Illness Cover: £20,000
- Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Life Assurance: 2 x Annual Salary
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Enhanced Paternity Pay
- Perks & Discounts
Please fill out the below application form or alternatively, should you have an active Careers Hub login already, please log in to apply.