Do you relish the challenge of being part of a growing business, a team, an industry, and seeing the energy you help generate? Are you at your best when contributing to a range of projects and collaborating across teams to help inform, direct and support those around you in solving the problems of the future?
Within CSA Catapult, we look beyond the status quo. We seek to employ people based on ability and attitude; we measure what you deliver and how you do it. We encourage collaboration in everything we do as we value the diversity of thought that we each bring to every challenge.
Who are we? The next wave of emerging technologies will have an enormous impact on our lives. 5G communications will enable a host of new and exciting applications such as connected autonomous vehicles and multimedia services. The challenge of net-zero to have clean, renewable energy and move from the internal combustion engine to electric cars. Compound semiconductor (CS) technologies will underpin many of these developments.
We are a Not for Profit organisation; here to help the UK economy grow, and we work across the UK with a range of industry sectors from automotive to medical, and from digital communications to aerospace. Through employing leading minds and investing in technology, we help turn ideas into reality, bridging the gap between concept and implementation.
CSA Catapult is committed to supporting and upholding diversity, equality, and inclusion in everything we do. A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is an essential part of all roles.
About the role
Our Photonics team are looking for a Senior Engineer with strong PIC design and verification experience to join our growing department and develop innovative design solutions through collaborative R&D programmes and internal research projects.
What we need from you:
· PIC (Photonic Integrated Circuit) design and validation experience in one or more of the following:
· Fully competent in use of photonic design tools such as Lumerical, IPKISS, and/or COMSOL
· Familiar with layout design tools including one of IPKISS, KLayout, L-edit
· A passion to learn beyond PICs by applying your skills to photonics device validation and prototype development
· PhD or a Masters in Physics or Engineering with industry experience
· Experience with working within small engineering teams and leading projects
· Ability to distill and communicate scientific information effectively
What we offer: