Bluecrest is a multi-award-winning provider of health assessments to both corporate and consumer sectors. We help people take control of their health risks enabling them to live healthier, happier, and more productive lives. We were founded to fill a gap in the private health screening sector for an affordable, convenient option that meets the highest clinical standards for reporting.
We currently assess around 80,000 customers in over 2000 pop up clinics across the UK and the Republic of Ireland. Bluecrest can assess for a range of different factors including heart disease, ECG, diabetes, cholesterol, vital organ functions as well as some cancers.
Clinical Waste Collection Driver
£23,100 per year plus various company benefits
Full time, Permanent
Main Purpose of the Role
To help collect clinical waste from specified collection sites all over the United Kingdom and
The main working locations will cover the South East of the UK from Aylsford, Maidstone, Rochester, Sittingbourne, Sevenoaks, Gravesend, Dartford, Swanley and everywhere in-between. However, you will be expected to cover other areas of the UK when drivers are on annual leave - as far north as Scotland and as far south as the south coast
- Full time, Permanent
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- 8am – 4pm
- You will be required to stay away from home for up to four nights on some of the routes
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary of £23,100 per year
- Matched company pension (up to 5% or up to capped amount)
- Four free health assessments per year which can be used by yourself, family or friends – plus a further 50% off additional testing for employees
- Vitality life insurance – which comes with its own list of benefits including discounts of wearable tech, trainers, gym memberships, spa and more!
- Competitive annual leave scheme – plus bank holidays on top
- EAP Scheme
- Employee referral bonus (up to £1,000)
- Expenses/mileage paid
- Use of company van during working hours
- Work 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm, completing multiple collections of clinical waste a day
- Undertake training to adhere to clinical waste guidelines.
- You will receive a schedule for the week requiring you to be at the specified collection locations at specified times on each day.
- You will drive to specified locations and collect the sharps bins and clinical waste bags at that locations. You will need to log each clinical waste bin as it is received and fill out paperwork.
- Our vans have GPS tracking and you will have targets you are required to hit with regards to arriving at locations on time.
- You will need to ensure that the van is kept in good order and that the bins and bags are stored safely and in line with protocols.
- You will be driving for up to 35 hours a week over the course of 5 days. You will be required to stay away from home for up to four nights on some of the routes. All routes/collections are Monday-Friday.
Key Skills and Experience
- You must have a clean full UK driving license
- Must be comfortable with long drives
- You will be required to stay away in hotels up to four nights a week (paid for by Bluecrest/you will have an amount you can expense for food.)
- Experience in a collections/delivery role previously desirable
- Great timekeeping – you will need to be at every collection site at a specified time.
- Have good communication skills
- Attention to detail – there is paperwork to fill out for each collection.
The post you are applying for is exempt from the provision of Section 4(2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) (Amendment) Orders 1975 and 2001 and therefore all convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as ‘spent’, must be declared.
We kindly ask recruitment agencies to refrain from making contact with us.
Bluecrest Wellness Ltd is proud to promote equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, religion/belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, maternity, national origin, ethnic background, disability, or age.