heylo helps aspiring homeowners and renters find a place to call home
Passion for the highest quality service to more and more customers, dedication to working in partnership with housing suppliers successfully and commitment to acting with integrity
To be a leading privately owned residential provider in the UK with a reputation as the most respected and customer-centric
You will support the Director of Governance/Company Secretary to ensure that the group maintains a strong governance environment, meeting its statutory and regulatory obligations in relation to corporate governance. You will be coordinating and arranging Committee and Board meetings, ensuring that accurate papers are collated and distributed, and accurate minutes and records kept. You will also provide Executive Support to the Directors (and Senior Management Team).
· Working alongside the General Counsel / Director of Governance and Company Secretariat function, to provide a range of services to support the operation of the Group Boards, Committees, and management meetings, including but not limited to arranging and minuting meetings, events or away days, co-ordinating and distributing meeting or other papers, preparing, and maintaining forward calendars and information management for the Governance Team.
· Monitor outstanding actions in relation to all elements of the governance and assurance business functions and activities, and report to the Executive Directors, Committees and Boards as appropriate.
· Under the supervision of the Director of Governance, manage and maintain compliance, contract, statutory or other registers, ensuring that they are updated as and when submissions are made, diarising due dates for relevant returns, and producing reports on activities captured as required.
· Undertake the organisation and management of all signing of documentation across the group working with external solicitors or other third parties as required.
· Manage, maintain, and develop the chosen electronic Board portal for all meetings.
· Assist the Boards and Committees to ensure that the decision-making process is underpinned by robust compliant and transparent governance administration.
· Provide administrative support and guidance to the Board Directors and Executive Management team.
· Support work to research and provide reports and guidance on regulatory and governance standards to the Executive Directors, Committees and Boards, advising on all governance issues to ensure absolute compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
· Support regular self-assessments against the Regulator of Social Housing’s Regulatory Standards, and against the Group’s adopted UK Code of Governance
· Support statutory filing arrangements and the completion of annual returns to the Regulator of Social Housing
· Provide administrative support to Group Data Protection activities and processes, ensuring that we are Data Protection Act / GDPR compliant, and that colleagues are aware at all times of their responsibilities.
· Support the corporate governance structure and decision-making framework to ensure all necessary information is provided in a timely manner and accurate files and records are maintained.
· Ensure detailed and accurate record keeping and assist in the preparation for In Depth Assessments
· Assist with the creation and updating of all company wide policies.
· Support with Board recruitment, induction and training as required.
· Provide Executive and administrative support to Executive Directors
· Undertake projects and specific pieces of work as directed by the Director of Governance or Executive Directors including research analysis and report writing.
· Keep up to date with external developments in relation to governance and compliance.
· Build constructive working relationships and rapport with board and committee members managers and staff.
Capabilities and Experience
The candidate will have:
· Ideally experience in the affordable housing sector (or similarly regulated sector) supporting regulatory and compliance activities
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organisational and time management abilities
· Excellent grammatical and administration skills and attention to detail, highly efficient in the preparation of documentation and minute taking transcription.
· Strong multitasking skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines and varied workload while working under pressure.
· Experience of being able to ensure compliance with the company policies, procedures, and objectives in carrying out the role.
· Experience of working with online governance management portals or similar
The candidate will be:
· Ideally part qualified as a chartered secretary, or looking to work towards qualification.
· Able to relate to and work collaboratively with a wide range of people including senior colleagues and Board/Committee members.
· Able to work independently on own initiative with limited day-to-day supervision.
· Strong IT skills to include Microsoft Office and Teams
· Discreet and confidential at all times, able to deal with sensitive information in a professional manner
· Able to adopt a flexible approach to meet business needs with evening meetings or events and occasional weekend commitments.
Adopt and comply with Heylo values, policies and procedures, and regulatory frameworks.
No role profile can cover every issue that may arise within the post at various times.
The post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, which are broadly consistent with those described. Duties may be changed, after discussion, to suit the operational requirements of heylo.
We want to make Heylo a great place to work and a great organisation that really delivers for its customers. Our values guide how we work, every day.
Everyone within the organisation is expected to demonstrate the following:
· Innovation – We will always be striving to improve the quality of our execution to improve our service to our customers and our returns for our business.
· Results focused – We enjoy providing affordable housing for highly satisfied customers leading to dynamic growth and sustainable profitability for our business.
· Collaboration – We work together as a team and communicate effectively with our partners, customers, and stakeholders.
· Integrity – We will act with honesty and aim to meet the highest ethical standards in our dealings with our colleagues, customers, and stakeholders and in full compliance with our regulatory obligations.
· Respect – We support each other and value the contribution and ideas of others.
Job Title: Governance Officer
Location: Chelsea Harbour or Leeds
Reporting to: General Counsel / Director of Governance
Benefits: Subsidised gym membership, lunches, WFH flexibility, Pension, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Assurance, 25 days annual leave