Between us, we're shaping change.
Be Shaping the Future UK is the UK subsidiary of Be Shaping the Future, a well-established pan-European management and technology consultancy. We work with our clients (predominantly global banks, payment providers and other financial institutions) to shape their future through our transformation and advisory consulting services
We work in partnership with our clients across retail and commercial banking, capital markets, cards and payments along with the risk, finance, compliance, IT and operations functions within their businesses. We help clients with: digital transformation, regulatory compliance advice, capital optimisation, product design and go-to market strategy, climate risk and ESG, programme delivery and data transformation.
We are passionate about putting our people first and we are led by a CEO who truly believes in servant leadership, ensuring our employees have the tools, resources, training, development and support they need to succeed. We believe that our commitment to supporting our employees’ personal and professional development creates a unique culture; one that cultivates enthusiasm, passion, energy and a high level of motivation, which ensures we deliver a high quality service to our clients.
To help us grow, we are keen to attract new employees with the talent, passion, discipline, and energy needed to support our clients face the challenges of an increasingly complex and evolving world.
Job Summary: We are seeking a highly skilled and passionate Nature/Diversity Finance Consultant to join our team. You will play a crucial role in integrating biodiversity and nature themes into large multinational banks operating models. You will provide strategic advice and develop innovative solutions to promote the successful integration of a biodiversity and nature strategy, addressing challenges. Your expertise will be instrumental in helping financial services organisations make informed decisions that shape the uptake of.
1. Conduct biodiversity assessments over bank’s portfolios: Evaluate bank’s business practices for biodiversity impact, including assessment of impact and dependency on ecosystems, and nature risk, using the LEAP-FI methodology.
2. Conduct research to inform materiality assessments and nature-based scenario analyses, following latest available guidance and data.
2. Provide business/strategy advice: Advise organizations, businesses, and governments on sustainable financial strategies and investment opportunities that align with nature conservation goals. Recommend innovating integration mechanisms into bank functions.
3. Conduct nature risk assessments: Identify and assessing bank’s nature risks associated with nature conservation projects and propose risk mitigation strategies. Evaluate regulatory frameworks, market trends, and policy developments that may impact the implementation of nature-related strategy
4. Collaborate with stakeholders: Work closely with internal and external stakeholders on biodiversity topics for the bank. Including education, biodiversity strategy development, embedding biodiversity considerations into various functions and processes
5. Stay updated on industry trends: Keep abreast of the latest developments and trends in nature finance, conservation finance, and sustainable investment practices. Stay informed about environmental policies, international conventions, and financial mechanisms related to nature conservation.
6. External reporting, preparing upcoming TNFD disclosure
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in finance, economics, environmental economics, or a related field. Advanced certifications or specialized training in nature finance, conservation finance, or sustainable investment would be an asset.
· Proven experience (4-8 years) working in finance, investment banking, or a related field, with a demonstrated understanding of environmental and sustainability issues.
· Experience integrating ESG agendas into global bank strategy or implementation in functions
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to analyse data, and conduct cost-benefit analysis.
· Knowledge of nature conservation, biodiversity, and ecosystem services concepts including Global Diversity Framework, TNFD, SBTN, LEAP-FI.
· Familiarity with financial instruments and mechanisms for nature conservation, such as green bonds, impact investing, and payment for ecosystem services.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex financial concepts to diverse stakeholders.
· Strong research and problem-solving abilities, with the capacity to think critically and develop innovative financial solutions.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
· Proficiency in financial software and tools (e.g., Excel, financial modeling software) and data analysis techniques.
· Passion for environmental conservation, sustainability, and the intersection of finance and nature.
We offer a competitive salary package and the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on nature conservation and sustainable development. Join our team and contribute your financial expertise to drive positive change in the world.
Note: The above job description is a general overview of the responsibilities and qualifications typically associated with this role. The specific duties and requirements may vary depending on the organization or project.