ASL Aviation Holdings is a global aviation services company with airlines based in Europe, South Africa and Asia. ASL is a world leader in ACMI airline operations serving major cargo and passenger airlines.Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, close to Dublin Airport, the ASL Aviation Holdings Group includes four wholly owned European airlines; ASL Airlines Ireland, ASL Airlines Belgium, ASL Airlines France and ASL Airlines United Kingdom. The Group also includes associate and joint venture airlines FlySafair in South Africa and K-Mile Asia in Thailand. Additionally, the Group includes maintenance facilities and several leasing entities. ASL’s airlines operate cargo networks on behalf of major international customers, specialising in the express freight, online commerce, and postal sectors. The Group’s global operations serve over 65 countries and includes passenger and cargo operations under ASL’s own brands.The Global ASL fleet of 130 aircraft includes 17 aircraft types from the Boeing 747-400F to the ATR72-200F. ASLI Airlines Ireland recently became the first operator, on behalf of FedEx, of the new ATR 72-600F, ATR’s first production-built freighter.ASL Group confirmed 20 slots with Boeing for 737-800 Boeing Converted Freighters (BCF) aircraft. To date 11 aircraft have entered service with ASL airlines in Europe and Thailand and the next two aircraft are in conversion and will be re-delivered to ASL in Q1 2022. The BCF programme will continue throughout 2022. In 2021, despite the global disruption caused by the Covid-19 pandemic, ASL’s airlines continued to operate with an average dispatch reliability of 98.04%. The airlines operated 93,181 flights totalling 177,474 flight hours, carrying 991,141 tonnes of freight and 3,900,000 passengers. While some of the group airlines were founded more than 40 and 50 years ago, ASL Aviation Holdings story essentially began in 1998. Annual revenue now exceeds €1.1bn EUR. Globally, ASL has a team of 3.000 people of 51 different nationalities. The Group’s vision is to be the aviation service provider of choice through excellence, experience, and expertise.ASL Aviation Holdings is mindful that aviation, while fundamental, must also be environmentally sustainable. The ASL Group is committed to promoting and acting in the best interest of our staff, customers, environment, and planet through our ESG policy. ASL has committed to Destination 2050, the industry-led programme to achieve net-zero emissions in aviation by 2050 and is working to meet the requirements of the European Commissions ‘Fit for 55’ proposals. ASL Aviation Holdings also formally endorsed the ‘Toulouse Declaration’, further committing the aviation industry to meeting carbon emissions reduction targets by 2030 and to reaching net-zero emissions by 2050.ASL strengthened its commitment to being a first mover in introducing new emissions reduction technology into our current fleet by partnering with leading innovators in hydrogen-electric emission powertrains, Universal Hydrogen and ZeroAvia.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
· Provide support and technical expertise to the Flight Operations Department, in the field of Flight Operations Standards and Compliance.
· Support the Flight Operations Engineering Team in maintaining the OM Part A and C up-to-date.
o Understand BCAA/EASA/ICAO/FAA regulations and implement requirements into new and existing procedures.
o Monitor regulatory changes, provide recommendations for change, and implement approved changes.
· Assist the B747 & B737 chief pilots in ensuring the OM Part B is written in accordance with the regulation.
· Ensure other flight operations manuals, technical documentation and procedures are in place ensuring proper knowledge transfer.
· Coordinate the ASLB compliance with environmental laws and obligations.
o Be the SME for CORSIA/EU-ETS/UK-ETS/SWISS-ETS matters.
o Ensure ASLB’s adaptation to the fast-developing sustainability requirements of the aviation industry.
o Act as a regulatory expert regarding ASLB’s fuel efficiency program.
o Represent ASLB in the ASL Group Environmental and Social Governance meeting.
· Act as the Safety Representative for the Flight Operations Department.
o Preparation and coordination of Flight Operations Risk Assessments.
o Member of the Flight Operations Safety Action Group.
o Keep safety records for the department, track trends via dashboard.
· Support the preparation of Audit and inspection checklists. Gather required evidence / coordinate audit completion and follow up (including IOSA).
· In collaboration with the Documentation team, ensure the accurate distribution of documentation to the flight crew.
· Liaise with the Head of Documentation to guarantee an efficient and professional collaboration of the ASLB Flight Operations with the competent authorities (Austro Control, BCAA, FAA, etc).
· Actively Participate in the ASLB Emergency Response Plan.
· Work as a back-up engineer for any flight operations support matter (Route analysis, Performance, Navigation, EFB, etc).
· Ensure that financial and operational objectives are met, by developing and maintaining a set of relevant and agreed Key Performance Indicators. Regular reports are being timely issued, departmental meetings are held and minutes are taken. Action plans agreed with set tasks and deadlines are communicated.
· Higher Education or University Degree / Preferably qualified in business/aeronautical engineering.
· And/or Airline Pilot License (ATPL)
· General experience into an Airline Flight Operations Engineering Department is an important asset.
· Strong interest in the complex and always changing Aviation Law environment.
· Aviation Sustainability and/or Safety knowledge is an asset.
· Strong analytical skills with ability to work with data/statistics.
· Master the MS Office Suite.
· Fluent in English / French or Dutch is an asset.
· Customer centric (even internally); passionate about delivering great services.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
· Passionate about continuous improvement, collaboration and great teams.
· Open minded, inquisitive, life-long learner mentality
· Comfortable with ambiguity, highly autonomous
· Permanent contract
· Full time job - Office hours
Thank you for your interest in ASL.
Once you submit your CV and cover letter for us, the system automatically sends you an 'Application Confirmation' and a ‘Registration Confirmation’ email which contains a link to activate your account and to choose your password. We also send you the interview invitations via in-recruiting.
We kindly ask you to please check your spam folder as the emails might be ending up there. You may look for the following title(s) and E-mail address.
Title(s): Registration Confirmation / Application Confirmation
E-mail address: email@example.com
ASL HR Team