About the Appello Group
We are committed to transforming lives through technology enabled care services, blending the expertise in our monitoring centre with the latest digital technology being created by ourselves and our partners. As the UK's largest telecare monitoring and digital equipment provider, we support over 300,000 vulnerable people in our communities to live safer, happier, and more enriched lives.
Our journey of supporting housing, health and social care dates back to 24th June 1988 when we took our first emergency call from our Head Office in New Milton, Hampshire. With a team of just five employees, we were pioneers for emergency monitoring within the housing sector. Over the next decade our business grew considerably as did our team.
The Appello Group now consists of many brands, including, Appello and Careline365, all are equally pivotal in our continued growth and commitment to improving the safety and wellbeing of our communities.
Today, we operate from multiple locations across the UK, with offices in Hampshire, Wiltshire, and Norfolk, and a team of remote workers all over the UK.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum, pro rata - dependant on experience
Shift pattern: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm
Location: Hybrid with New Milton office (at least 3 days per week in office)
Contract Term: 6 months with potential to extend
Start date: ASAP
Training commitments: To be in the New Milton office all week for induction for first 2-3 weeks
To work in support of the People Partner, taking responsibility for an individual HR case load and operate as the first point of contact for line managers and where relevant, employees, within Appello Group. In addition, to undertake relevant HR administrative duties and accountable for all aspects of the HRIS including data entry, data integrity, data maintenance, systems training, system development and implementation and system performance.
1. Employee Relation Case Load
· Give appropriate HR advice (employment law related and/or using Appello Group policies/procedures) on key issues such as capability, disciplinaries, grievances and employee health issues
· Support line managers in Disciplinary and Grievance interviews. This includes commissioning an investigation, where appropriate, guiding and advising the line manager during the interview, taking appropriate notes and confirming the outcome
· Ensure that line managers are aware of (and use) Appello policies and procedures effectively, treating employees fairly, in line with good practice and legislative requirements whilst meeting business needs
· Make recommendations for improvements in policies, processes and practices
· Deliver a HR service to customers which is respected for its professionalism and helps the Company to consistently deliver effective and efficient business performance
· To support the effective control of employee absence, providing advice to managers on short term and long term absence, and making and monitoring effective referrals to Occupational Health
· Regulalry review People policies to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
3. Learning & Development
· Support the People Partner and to operationalise the L&D strategy.
· Support operational teams to identify training and development needs within the organisation through job analysis, 1-1s and regular consultation with the line managers.
· Research and design training programs including sourcing relevant materials and or external providers as necessary.
· Implement training and development solutions designed to drive high performance.
· Work with the People Partner to ensure all L&D policies, procedures and processes are up to date.
· Organise and coordinate both inhouse and offsite employee training and development programs to meet identified development needs.
2. Maintenance of the HRIS (Human Resources Information Systems) & production of HR management information
· Manage the integrity of the HRIS (Cezanne, Inrecruiting and Applicant Tracking System)
· Assess and assign user security and permission lists for HRIS
· Lead in the recommendation, design, testing and impact analysis of all changes to the HRIS
· Responsible for thorough testing of new functionality
· Continuously strive to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems and tools, and look for alternatives that better meet business needs.
· Ensure all reports are completed accurately and forwarded to appropriate destination on time
· Generate standard People statistics for People Partner and Executive Management
· Provide ad hoc reports as and when required
3. HR Administration
· Assist the People Partner in the management and administration of the annual salary review process
· Support the People Administrators in managing the employee lifecycle milestones
· Input into the monthly People board report on key issues
· To work collaboratively with the rest of the HR team to ensure standard processes and procedures are understood, complied with and amended as required.
· To support the People Partner in the continuous development of the administration function, ensuring processes and procedures are efficient and consistent.
· Demonstrable ER case management experience including coaching line managers and preparing scripts and correspondence
· Demonstrable capability ER case management including occupational health referrals, risk assessments etc
· Previous experience of working with performance management and talent development
· Experience delivering training to managers / employees relating to HR topics
· Demonstrable experience of providing administrative support in a fast paced environment
· Experience presenting and interpreting statistical data
· Demonstrable experience of working as a HR Advisor (any sector)
· Experience giving practical HR advice on a day to day basis
· Project management experience
· Proven ability to manage HRIS processes using IT Systems
Qualifications & Training
· Associate member of the CIPD and a demonstrable commitment to continuing professional development.
· Level 5 CIPD or above
· Knowledge of employment law in practice
· Excellent time management with ability to prioritise and with the attention to detail
· Effective use of MS office 365 apps
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· An ability to work independently and be pro-active
· Have a meticulous eye for detail
· Friendly, cheerful and helpful manner
· The ability to prioritise own workload
· A careful approach to documentation, records and reporting
· A level of flexibility
· Confidential and trustworthy
· Enthusiasm for continued self-learning and development
· Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
· Reliability, integrity and trustworthiness
· Good organisational skills and efficient working practices
· Experienced at building and fostering positive customer relationships.
Appello Perks 😎
If you require assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact the HR Team on 01425 626337.