About the Appello Group
We are committed to transforming lives through technology enabled care services, blending the expertise in our monitoring centre with the latest digital technology being created by ourselves and our partners. As the UK's largest telecare monitoring and digital equipment provider, we support over 300,000 vulnerable people in our communities to live safer, happier, and more enriched lives.
Our journey of supporting housing, health and social care dates back to 24th June 1988 when we took our first emergency call from our Head Office in New Milton, Hampshire. With a team of just five employees, we were pioneers for emergency monitoring within the housing sector. Over the next decade our business grew considerably as did our team.
The Appello Group now consists of many brands, including, Appello and Careline365, all are equally pivotal in our continued growth and commitment to improving the safety and wellbeing of our communities.
Today, we operate from multiple locations across the UK, with offices in Hampshire, Wiltshire, and Norfolk, and a team of remote workers all over the UK.
Hours: 35hrs per week
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum dependant on experience
Location: Hybrid working from New Milton office
Appello Group Benefits 😎
Consistent and reliable contribution and preparation of KPIs, Budget Tracker, PE reporting and Board Pack for Management and Epiris (PE stakeholders).
Working with the Head of FP@A of the development and analysis of the above to support Management in decision-making.
Be involved in the the budget and forecasting processes, managing internal stakeholders to deliver within deadlines a budget/forecast at a detailed level that is “owned” by the business and loaded into Business Central ready to be reported against.
Ad hoc finance support and engagement across the business and with Epiris.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
1. Monthly Reporting
· Work with Head Office, B2B and B2C Finance teams to review draft results and performance against Budget/Forecast.
· Assist in the preparation of the month-end Board Pack, consisting of Executive Summary, financial reports and KPIs.
· Assist in the preparations and with the present of monthly Budget tracker of key financials and KPIs to Management.
· Assist in the preparation of and submission of monthly and quarterly reporting to PE stakeholders and resolve any queries
2. Budgets & Forecast
· Assist in running the Budget and Forecast process including arranging meetings, reviews, and management of the calendars. This extends beyond profit and loss to include balance sheet, banking covenant and cashflow projections.
· Ensure Budgets and Forecasts are loaded into the relevant tools for reporting against.
· Involvement in modelling for strategy and longer term planning.
3. Continuous Process Improvement
· Continuous review of processes both within finance and that involve finance to streamline where possible.
· Develop monthly reports to add/remove content to facilitate better usage and effectiveness.
4. Health & Safety
· Take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by what they do or do not do
· Co-operate with the employer on health and safety matters
· Not misuse any equipment that is provided for safety purposes (e.g. safety goggles, meter readers etc.)
· Experience of producing routine Finance and other KPI reporting
· Involvement in budgeting/forecasting processes
· Routine and ad hoc reporting to group companies and/or PE stakeholders
· Ownership of budgeting/forecasting processes
Qualifications & Training
· Accounting qualification or QBE
Skills, General & Special Knowledge
· Excellent Excel, Jet reporting & Power BI Experience
· Ability to analyse data
· Influencing skills
· This role has no direct reports so reliability and ability to work all tools are essential
· Attention to detail, with a self-checking approach
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Confidence to liaise directly with stakeholders and management
· Constructive and challenging style