About the Appello Group
We are committed to transforming lives through technology enabled care services, blending the expertise in our monitoring centre with the latest digital technology being created by ourselves and our partners. As the UK's largest telecare monitoring and digital equipment provider, we support over 300,000 vulnerable people in our communities to live safer, happier, and more enriched lives.
Our journey of supporting housing, health and social care dates back to 24th June 1988 when we took our first emergency call from our Head Office in New Milton, Hampshire. With a team of just five employees, we were pioneers for emergency monitoring within the housing sector. Over the next decade our business grew considerably as did our team.
The Appello Group now consists of many brands, including, Appello and Careline365, all are equally pivotal in our continued growth and commitment to improving the safety and wellbeing of our communities.
Today, we operate from multiple locations across the UK, with offices in Hampshire, Wiltshire, and Norfolk, and a team of remote workers all over the UK.
Position: Digital Support Team Leader
Location : Hybrid at New Milton, Hampshire , UK (needs to be a commutable distance from the office)
Salary: £33,000 - £34,000 dependant on experience
Hours : Monday - Friday, working 7 hours shifts between 7am - 7pm (35 hours per week)
**Please note we can only accept applicants within the UK **
Appello Perks 😎
As the Digital Support Team Leader, you will play a crucial role in managing and supervising the team responsible for providing exceptional digital support services to our customers. You will not only oversee the day-to-day operations but also lead and mentor your team members to ensure the delivery of outstanding customer service.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
· Provide leadership and direction to the Digital Support Team.
· Train and onboard new team members.
· Set clear objectives and performance goals for the team.
· Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback.
· Foster a positive team culture, promoting collaboration and high morale.
2. People Management
· Manage the scheduling and allocation of tasks to team members.
· Monitor and track individual and team performance metrics.
· Implement performance improvement plans and provide coaching as needed.
· Address team members' concerns and conflicts in a timely and effective manner.
3. Digital Support
· Oversee the delivery of digital support services to customers, ensuring exceptional service quality.
· Collaborate with the Digital Support Manager and SME’s, to stay updated on digital tools, platforms, and technologies to support the team in troubleshooting and assisting customers effectively.
· Escalate complex customer issues and coordinate resolutions as needed.
· Maintain a strong understanding of our digital products and services.
4. Training Coordination
· Collaborate with SMEs to develop training materials and resources.
· Organise and schedule training sessions for new recruits and ongoing skills workshops.
· Ensure that training materials are up-to-date and relevant to the evolving technical landscape.
· Track and report on the progress and effectiveness of training programs.
5. Resource Management
· Coordinate staffing schedules to ensure adequate coverage for all shifts.
· Monitor and adjust staffing levels based on workload and demand.
· Collaborate with team leads to identify resource gaps and proactively address them.
· Maintain accurate records of staff schedules and availability.
6. Service Delivery Oversight
· Monitor service delivery dashboards to ensure the department meets performance targets.
· Escalate and address service delivery issues promptly.
· Collaborate with 3rd Line Support Engineers to improve service efficiency and quality.
· Handle escalated customer enquiries and resolve issues to ensure customer retention.
7. Communication and Collaboration
· Work closely with the Digital Support Manager to align training and resource allocation with department goals.
· Collaborate with the People Team to onboard new hires and provide them with necessary training.
· Foster a collaborative and supportive work environment within the technical department.
· Demonstrable experience of working with the public face to face and/or on the telephone.
· Proven track record of managing employees to include formal employee relation processes
· Has managed and lead teams of 12+ in a helpdesk environment
· Demonstrable experience of coaching, mentoring and developing new and less experienced employees.
· Proven experience of monitoring performance and developing and implementing service improvement projects.
· Proven motivational leader engaging employees to achieve high levels of performance.
· Ability to contribute ideas, suggestions and feedback to improve the service and to identify and implement service improvement projects.
Skills, General & Special Knowledge
· Stakeholder management (internal & external) Ability to present to diverse audiences (internal & external)
· Ability to liaise effectively on a B2B level
· Project management skills
· IT literate using a wide range of different computer systems including MS 365 applications.
· Can interrogate and provide valuable management information from databases
· Involves and motivates employees to encourage teamwork.
· Recognises and deals with issues of underperformance.
· Can tailor communication style to suit that of the audience
· Effective decision maker
· Seeks obtaining feedback for continuous improvement.
· Ability to problem solve.
· Values and supports others.
· Service management knowledge and understanding
· Awareness of key HR policies, e.g. attendance management, managing performance, grievance procedures etc.
· Ability to think outside the box to deliver results.
· Presents information clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding.
· Keeps people informed of plans and developments.
· Encourages and supports others to make best use of their abilities.
· Agrees what is expected of others and hold them to account.
· Articulates a vision that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
· Identifies and works with people and organisations that can provide support for your work.
· Works to develop an atmosphere of professionalism and mutual support.
· Recognises when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all
· Ability to work under pressure & too tight deadlines.
· Ability to deal with demanding customers in a sympathetic understanding and caring way.
📧 Ready to join our team? 📧
To apply, you'll need to complete the following:
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants regardless of religious beliefs, political opinion, race, sex, marital status, age or disability. If you require assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact the Careers Team on 01425 626337.
**Please not we can not employ anyone from outside of the UK. **