We are committed to transforming lives through technology enabled care services, blending the expertise in our monitoring center with the latest digital technology being created by ourselves and our partners.
Becoming the UK's largest monitoring centre, supporting over 200,000 people across the country, and developing the first digital telecare system has been no small feats.
Our ambitions though are still significant and as our population ages the requirements for services that empower people to live independent, happier and healthier lives will continue to grow.
Control Centre Supervisor
Hours: 29.42 hours per week
Shift Pattern: 8.5 hours per shift between 8am - midnight, 15 shifts per month
Salary: £20,272.44 per annum rising to £21,833.04 per annum
Start Date : 01/12/23
Location: Hybrid to our New Milton office
Appello Perks 😎
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 days annual leave pro rata
- Best employer status rated Very Good
- We offer you discounts on everything from groceries and shopping through to holidays, insurance, days out, restaurants and more
- 24/7 employee assistance programme
- Family and friends’ discounts on our services & products
- Pension Scheme, up to 4% Company matched
- Life assurance 2x annual salary
You will have responsibility with your peer supervisor for the successful running of a robust shift ensuring process and procedures are adhered to in line with business expectations and that KPI's are achieved by effective service management and staff management whilst on shift.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
1.Shift management & support
- Provide support to operators when they are dealing with call handling ( i.e. emotional, abusive or difficult calls)
- Provide regular feedback and updates to their senior coaches on matters relating to the operator's skill set
- To ensure that the quality of customer care is firmly at the centre of decisions made and with all we do, ensuring taking overall accountability for the end user's safety
- Utilise operational resource to achieve customer and industry key performance indicators. Review in line with current procedures and processes whilst using own initiative to deliver excellent operational results
- To hold effective handovers utilising the email template to ensure continuity of service during shift changes
- To escalate any service management concerns including resourcing challenges to the on-call senior service manager
- To escalate and own any crisis management situations, particular events, customer complaints and major incidents to the on-call senior crisis manager in line with procedures
- Ensure homeworkers are provided with all the same level of support as those in office
- Take incoming absence calls from staff, ensuring that details are logged on Cezanne, line managers are made aware and RTWs are completed where needed in the absence of a coach
- Complete RTWs and manage negative behaviours in the absence of a Coach
2.Promote a positive image for the organisation by telephone
- Ensure introductions of all calls are positive, concise and clear, using works accepted by the control centre
- Confirm that you are listening through acknowledging points raised and the responses made by the caller
- Deliver a tone of voice, inflexion and appropriate language to reflect an interest in the caller's needs
- Handle all calls with a professional manner and at a pace to suit the needs of the caller throughout the call whilst meeting the levels of service and quality required by the control centre.
- Identify accurately the specific needs of each caller using effective questioning to extract accurate information from customers who may be in a very agitated state or have communication difficulties
- Close all calls effectively and on a positive note, using words accepted by the control centre
- Follow the control centres approved procedures throughout the call
3.Manage difficult callers effectively
- Handle customer escalations for difficult calls
- Demonstrate empathy and put each caller at ease as soon as possible
- Address each caller by their name where it is appropriate to do so
- Take positive action to develop and maintain a supportive atmosphere with each caller
- Remain calm and maintain an effective level of control for all calls
- Manage the expectations of each caller, balancing effectively the requirements of the caller with those of the control centre
- Demonstratable experience of working with the public face to face and/or on the telephone
- Ability to contribute ideas, suggestions and feedback to improve the service and to identify and implement service improvement projects
- Experience of monitoring performance and developing and implementing service improvement projects
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and developing new and less experienced employees
- Can analyse large amounts of data to demonstrate results.
Qualifications & Training
- GCSE English, Maths to good standard
- Data Protection awareness training
- Safeguarding awareness training
- Equality & Diversity awareness training
- CMI/ILM/NVQ in team leading and/or management
- Dealing with difficult customers training
- Good knowledge of Microsoft systems and packages
- Understand CRM databases
- Understands call handling platforms
- Can act assertively
- Effective decision making
- Ability to problem solve
- Involves and motivates employees to encourage teamwork
- Recognises and deals with issues of underperformance
- Awareness of key HR policies e.g. attendance management, managing performance, grievance procedures etc
- Encourages and supports others to make best use of their abilities
- Works to develop an atmosphere of professionalism and mutual support
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to deal with demanding customers in an empathetic, understanding and caring way.
- Ability to think outside the box to deliver results
📧 Ready to join our team? 📧
If you are keen to find out more and have the necessary skills, please apply now with your up to date CV.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants regardless of religious beliefs, political opinion, race, sex, marital status, age or disability.
If you require assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact the careers Team on 01425 626337.