About the Appello Group
We are committed to transforming lives through technology enabled care services, blending the expertise in our monitoring centre with the latest digital technology being created by ourselves and our partners. As the UK's largest telecare monitoring and digital equipment provider, we support over 300,000 vulnerable people in our communities to live safer, happier, and more enriched lives.
Our journey of supporting housing, health and social care dates back to 24th June 1988 when we took our first emergency call from our Head Office in New Milton, Hampshire. With a team of just five employees, we were pioneers for emergency monitoring within the housing sector. Over the next decade our business grew considerably as did our team.
The Appello Group now consists of many brands, including, Appello and Careline365, all are equally pivotal in our continued growth and commitment to improving the safety and wellbeing of our communities.
Today, we operate from multiple locations across the UK, with offices in Hampshire, Wiltshire, and Norfolk, and a team of remote workers all over the UK.
Business Development Manager
Hours: Full-time - 35 Hours
Shift pattern: Monday - Friday
Salary: Up to £45,000, dependant on experience, OTE £80 - £90,000, plus £6758.00 car allowance pa
Location: The North and North East including York, Hull, Sunderland, Newcastle, Middlesborough, Staffordshire and surrounding areas.
Start Date: ASAP
You will be promoting Appello Digital Solutions within the UK Housing and Social Care market. This will be achieved by gaining a clear understanding of the challenges faced by the UK housing sector. Developing and promoting appropriate Appello digital solutions to these challenges via F2F or Teams meetings, telephone, email, social media and attending relevant industry conferences and events. You will be required to record and actively manage sales opportunities and prospects for Appello digital solutions via a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool.
In this role you will be creating and managing a sales order pipeline , meeting order and financial targets. You will be creating account development plans for major opportunities. On a daily basis you will field and resolve client queries from new and existing clients.
You may be involved with the bid team and aid them with tender preparation, using your knowledge to help answer queries. There will be quotes and estimations to help prepare and be involved in customer presentations/demonstrations as required. You may be required to go outside of your region in line with business needs.
· Strong team player
· Uses initiative in problem solving and Flexible approach
· Positive’ can do’ attitude
· Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
· Willing to travel
· Willing to learn new skills
· Ability to multi task and maintain accuracy
· Ability to work under pressure including multiple deadlines
· A background of working closely with potential customers and end users - Industry experience is a 'must'
· Knowledge of the sales process and account management would be preferential
· Experience of Microsoft packages including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
· Knowledge of CRM (Microsoft Dynamics or others)
· Basic knowledge of digital solutions using Internet Protocol
· Knowledge of managed service solutions
· Previous experience in the health and social care market is desirable but not essential
Qualifications & Training
· A good standard of education to either 'O' Level/GCSE Grades A-C/NVQ Level 2 /3 is essential,
· Professional Selling Skills training (LDL, Holden, TAS, SPIN)would be advantageous
Skills , General & Special Knowledge
· Good communication skills with attention to detail (written and oral)
· Clear understanding of relationship management
· Good understanding of the housing sector / TECS market
· Knowledge of warden call, monitoring centres and dispersed alarms managed in a digital environment
If you are keen to find out more and have the necessary skills, please apply now with your up to date CV.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants regardless of religious beliefs, political opinion, race, sex, marital status, age or disability.
If you require assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact the HR Team on 01425 626337.