About the Appello Group
We are committed to transforming lives through technology enabled care services, blending the expertise in our monitoring centre with the latest digital technology being created by ourselves and our partners. As the UK's largest telecare monitoring and digital equipment provider, we support over 300,000 vulnerable people in our communities to live safer, happier, and more enriched lives.
Our journey of supporting housing, health and social care dates back to 24th June 1988 when we took our first emergency call from our Head Office in New Milton, Hampshire. With a team of just five employees, we were pioneers for emergency monitoring within the housing sector. Over the next decade our business grew considerably as did our team.
The Appello Group now consists of many brands, including, Appello and Careline365, all are equally pivotal in our continued growth and commitment to improving the safety and wellbeing of our communities.
Today, we operate from multiple locations across the UK, with offices in Hampshire, Wiltshire, and Norfolk, and a team of remote workers all over the UK.
Hours: 35hrs per week
Shift pattern: Monday to Friday, 9am -5pm
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, dependant on experience
Location: Remote with requirement to travel to sales/trade events.
***Successful candidate will be located within a hours drive of one of our offices being New Milton, Norwich, Chippenham or Bracknell***
Start date: ASAP
Appello Perks 😎
If you are an ambitious and talented individual looking to develop your career in bid writing, we have a role that could be perfect for you. The role involves writing tenders in order to secure contracts for our business within the housing, health and social care sectors. As a market leader in life enhancing, digital telecare services we are looking for someone who is creative in writing engaging content and truly passionate in carrying out detailed research. We want talented people to join us on our journey and be a part of our success.
This role is remote with the requirement to occasionally visit our offices in either New Milton, Hampshire or Chippenham, Wiltshire.
As a bid writer you will play a key role in assisting the team to ensure that all bid and quotation proposals, and tender submissions, are prepared and presented not only to the highest possible standards but on time – often within challenging deadlines.
To be successful in this role you will produce compelling, specific, evidenced written material that details the benefits of our proposition in meeting the client's specific needs and enables us to win new contracts and retain existing clients.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
· Managing the tender process fully.
· Managing bid tender timelines/Diarising and managing key milestones
· Defining win strategy with the business.
· Maintain and develop an up-to-date tender information library.
· Complete responses to Pre-qualification, Tender, Approved List and RFI (Request for Information) tender documents from prospective customers.
· Proof read responses for accuracy.
· Maintain an active log of all tender opportunities and the response progress.
· Update CRM Sales system to reflect progress/completion.
· Build working relationship with sales teams across the business and collate information for use in bids.
· Liaising at all levels with internal teams and stakeholders
· Supporting the documentation of bid strategy, differentiators, win themes, key messages and content for proposals and presentations
· Other ad-hoc marketing, bid development, and administrative duties.
· Visiting operational sites and other offices. Gathering information from other stakeholders as required
· Identifying opportunities to enhance and improve the process, whilst obtaining and sharing best practice with the team
· Undertaking research to improve bid content
· Reviewing bid submissions for quality and accuracy
· Must have experience in Bid Writing
· Must have experience in a business to business or Public-Sector environment.
· Must have experience in Bid Writing for products and services with a technology aspect.
· Must have very strong interpersonal skills, at all levels of management.
· Must have excellent experience of writing business context and advanced written communication skills.
· Ability to interpret tender request information and design the appropriate response.
· Accurate proof reading.
· Must have Excellent all-round IT skills.
· Organised with good time management skills.
· Thorough approach with excellent attention to detail.
Qualifications & Training
· Educated to A Level or Equivalent
· Advanced MS Word skills & proficient in MS Office
· Legal, regulatory and ethical requirements that relate to bidding
· The written communication techniques and the correct use of grammar and punctuation
· How to carry out a risk assessment
· Proven written communication skills
· High level of interpersonal skills
· Strong time management / prioritisation skills
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Experience of coordinating and updating a knowledge base system
· Ability to prepare and make a presentation to a small audience
· Appello’s procedures for checking the relevant contractual terms
· The sources of relevant information, methods of collecting it and analysing different types of data
· Analytical thinker
· Able to give and receive constructive feedback
· Excellent team worker
· Excellent time management
📧 Ready to join our team? 📧
If you are keen to find out more and have the necessary skills, please apply now with your up to date CV and don't forget to register and complete the online assessments!
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants regardless of religious beliefs, political opinion, race, sex, marital status, age or disability.
If you require assistance to participate in the recruitment process, for example due to disability, please contact the recruitment team on 01425 626337.